This program is aimed at all people who work in the areas of supply, procurement, purchasing, quality, logistics, storage / inventory, distribution and transportation with positions of leaders, supervisors, coordinators and functional managers.
Description of the Fundamentals of Logistics, Transportation and Distribution Program.
Program aimed at covering the principles that make logistics, transport and distribution processes useful for any value chain, being a source of important costs and at the same time representing opportunities for savings and optimization to maintain the service agreed with the client, at the same time time assets are effectively managed.
Some questions that this program answers are the following:
- What is the role of logistics, transportation and distribution within the internal and extended supply chain?
- What are the most appropriate planning methods for the organization's logistics operations? Can I structure a method that is specific to my organization?
- Is it possible to design an effective logistics cost structure? I have a cost structure that is not clear, does this program help me define the appropriate one for my company?
- Will this program help me to correctly determine the costs of maintaining inventory in my company?
- How can I synchronize my company's supply chain?
- What are the best practices for warehousing operations?
- Will I learn to select technology applicable to logistics processes?
- Will I learn to design the logistics network of my company?
- How can I better manage my reverse logistics?
- I want to determine the appropriate outsourcing strategy for my company.
- I want to understand how the local and regional context affects transport, import and export operations for my company.
- I want to understand how local and regional competitive factors affect the performance of my company.
- Will I learn to design and manage a risk plan for the supply chain?
General content of the program Fundamentals of Logistics, Transportation and Distribution:
- Introduction to logistics.
- Role of logistics in supply chain management.
- Supply chain planning.
- Planning of distribution requirements.
- Design of logistics processes and the value chain.
- Costing of logistics processes.
- Inventory maintenance costs.
- Supply chain synchronization.
- Storage and inventory management.
- Warehouse management system.
- Technology selection (software for process management).
- Design of logistics networks.
- Reverse logistics.
- Fundamentals of transportation management, including discussion on infrastructure and transportation in Colombia.
- Foreign trade, including discussion on competitiveness of Colombia.
- Risk management in the supply chain.
Scope of this certification:
- Assess the context of a manufacturing or service organization's operations.
- Understand the current global context and the effect of changes in logistics processes.
- Understand the migration from a vertical planning model to an adaptive model and establish the bases to generate this change in your organization.
- Apply inventory and capacity management principles at the aggregate and detailed level.
- Develop and apply a demand planning and management model.
- Understand and apply a risk management model in the supply chain.
- Design the logistics processes of the organization.
- Select technology necessary for logistics, transportation and distribution processes.
- Know the implications of the international negotiation terms in the current context.
Each participant must take a final exam to obtain the certificate of approval of the program.